Living with grief is painful. There’s no sugarcoating it. But you may be suffering more than is necessary. Providing creative grief support, The Loss Art can help you move away from passive suffering towards actively making meaning of death and non-death losses.
Popular grief support methods are based on steps, tasks and the idea that grief must run its course. With The Loss Art’s creative grief support method you’re designing your own experience as part of a social and meaning-making process. By embracing creativity, we learn to find more ease in our everyday living and to engage in life again after loss.
You don’t need artistic skills. Certified Creative Grief Coach Julie Maltby is here to coach and support you as you tap into your innate creativity to express a personal response to your loss and grief – in your own way.
If you can relate to any of these statements, The Loss Art is here to help:
- I’m just not ready to pack up my partner’s clothes. He hasn’t been gone that long.
- People are telling me to move on. I don’t know if I can do that.
- Since retiring, I don’t feel like I have a sense of purpose.
- I miss my dog so much. People tell me to just get another dog. They don’t understand – she was my best friend.
- We moved into a beautiful new home, but l can’t stop missing my other house and neighborhood. Is that normal?
- I can’t believe I got fired. I worked so hard and felt like I was doing a good job.
- Am I grieving wrong?
- Am I crazy?
- I can – and deserve to – live with joy, love and passion while living with grief. But, how do I get started?
First 2 Grief Retreats scheduled!
The first series of retreats offer a unique and intimate experience. With just 4 people at each one, there will be lots of time to bond with the group, share and be heard and for individual reflection.
Sign up now and get a special offer on the first retreat, scheduled for Friday, Oct. 20 to Saturday, Oct. 21, 2023. Visit the Services page for the details and to register.
Thank you for visiting The Loss Art. Browse the site to see how our creative approach to grief support can help you honour your grief and reimagine your future. Please reach out with any questions.